THATCamp Lehigh Valley is pleased to offer a series of workshops on March 1, 2013. When applying to THATCamp please be sure to let us know which small group workshop you wish to attend.
Large Group Workshops, Linderman Library Rm 200
1. Introduction to WordPress, Michelle Suranofsky
Workshop Description: This workshop will help you to learn the practical skills needed to create, configure and manage the content of a WordPress site hosted for free on WordPress.com. No graphic design or coding skills are required. All workshop activities will be accomplished using the WordPress user interface. Topics will include:
- Understanding concepts & terminology
- Configuration options
- Managing content (create, update and delete)
- Managing the WordPress site appearance
- Managing comments
- Tracking usage statistics
What to Bring: A laptop
2. Project Management: How to Survive When You Find Yourself Volunteered to Lead a Project, Sherri Yerk-Zwickl
Learn how some key project management principles can help you and your project be successful.
In this workshop, Sherri Yerk-Zwickl, the Lehigh University Library and Technology Services Director of Project Management will explain how, with some key PM principles, you can keep projects running on time and under budget. Areas to be explored include: a brief history of project management, key areas to focus on while managing your project, tools and resources that may be of use, and some hands on exercises to drive the points home.
Small Group Workshops